My University Leaders 2013


Assalamualaikum wbt.

I think I have to keep asking for your forgiveness because in this past few weeks I’ not too active on my blog. The reason is because first, I’m too lazy, second, because I already start my second semester here in UPM and lastly, because the ideas aren’t coming to me right now. Even though, I have ample time to write but still I only managed to write a draft. Maybe all of you should consider giving me a big fat slap on my face for my laziness…… (It even scarier to imagine if every single reader slap me…. *shivered*)
So my latest post would be on the recent programme that I had join just a few days before the second semester started. So, like a week before my holiday end, I received a call from the Student Affairs Division saying that I was chosen to go to a camp, My University Leaders 2013, a three day programme at Glory Beach Resort, Negeri Sembilan. So, there were five of us all together, representing KMR for the camp.

from left: Sopi, Im, Hanis, Min and me

So that night, we had to registered and our first session begun. The first slot was a talk given by Mr. Ludinata Misnun. He is the First Secretary (Education) in Embassy of Malaysia in Jakarta. So his job was to look after the Malaysian student in Indonesia. He mainly talk about his experience during his previous job as a steward for Nippon Air (correct me if I’m wrong) and his job in Indonesia.  So what I learned from he was it is important for a leader and the followers to connect with each other’s. Avoid being a dictator and the most important to think before act by listening to others. Another thing that I learned is, to be a true leader you must have some sort of charisma to make people notice you. Next is to develop a system for your organization, for example he created JARCOM (I’m not quite sure about the acronyms).


The next day, before we leaved to Port Dickson, we were divided into groups. There are 6 groups all together and each consists of 10 to 11 members. At first, it is really an awkward ice breaking session as all of us are strangers to each other. So, after the group distribution, we made our way to PD. We stopped by at surau to perform zuhur prayer and before that, we were asked to leave all our things on bus but to bring along our valuable belongings.  Little that I know, what we had to do after that.  

So the next activity was explorace. Imagine we had to walk to our resorts and along the way, there will be some checkpoints where we had to do some mission to get the direction to the resort. It was very tiring as we had to walk almost 30 km….yes walk using your own two feet and trust me, it really test your mental and physical abilities. Finally, we managed to reach the place. The next activities will be at night. So, we checked in to our room and rest for the whole evening.

The night session was a talk with our VC, En.Pauzi. We played games and asked to choose our group names. It will be a combination of expensive car with insects’ name. My group is volat (Volvo plus ulat).

thanks to Allah for giving this golden opportunities to get to know this awesome people 

the talented bani drawn this..


The next day, things were getting serious. We were asked to organize a volunteering programme and it must be presented on our last day there. Our group to choose to do a volunteering programme at fisherman’s village but our idea was rejected by BHEP. So, after the programme ended, our group had to meet again and to come up with a new idea. So the new idea is? Hahahaha….I can’t tell you know..just wait and stay updated J

So, that’s it. Actually,  I wanted to share more with you, dear readers but I’m afraid it will be to long for you to read so I kept it short and simple. But if you have any questions and comment or you want to share your thoughts, just drop it below. Till we meet again…buuuhbye :)

snape and post :3


start to miss you guys :)

till we meet again volunteers !!

during our presentation session


the view from my room :)
group photo session with VC and facilitator 

Comments