holiday mood :)

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim


So I'm on my semester break right now and as usual, I’ll will have to shorten up my holiday as I need to attend certain programs at the end of my one month (well almost) holiday. So, I haven’t draft any schedule on how I shall spend my holiday as I’m just gonna enjoy every second of it but of course, I do have certain activities that I planned to do. So on my list are :

1.     Reading books.
So basically, there were tons of books to start off with. But, I'll only focus on a few genres only. There are a few Malay novels that I borrowed from my aunt. (Those lovey-dovey-romantic novels are the one that I'll avoid the most) There are also a few religious books that I need to read. Lastly, a few books on general knowledge. (Massive thick encyclopedia actually) Aiming to read at least a book a day (which I haven’t managed to accomplished yet), hopefully I can find a way to do it soon.

how I just wished I can sit here all day long [credit]

2.     Craft and Arts.
I have this particular passion on arts and craft. Well, I do believe that only certain peoples have talents in it but for me that lack with those magical touches, I depend solely on the guides from the YouTube videos and also my mum (Why I don’t inherits that creative gene from my mum). Plus, lots of practices, not to be perfect but just for me to sharpen up my skills.

3.     Cooking.
Kitchen. The perfect place where you are free to experiment with lots of ingredients, just to create that perfect food. I remembered when I was in my hostel, I did spent most of my free time cooking. I found that it relieved my stress and when I was on my cooking mood, I was in different kind of world.  Now, when I’m at home, even though, I seldom cook as my family members aren't the type who ate 3 meal per day, I still do enjoy cooking. I could watch all the cooking shows on Food Network HD without being bored all day long.

  [credit]
4.     Developing habits.


“It takes 24 – 30 days for human to develop habits.”

 Based on the previous statements, I’m planning on developing my own GOOD habits. First, make sure you have your own habits’ checklist. It will just a simple table with what do you wish to develop as habits on the left side of the table. The days are on the top of the table, stretching out from day 1 till day 30. Try to aim for 3 changes each month. If you aiming for 5, that is also fine. Just don’t force yourself to achieve too much. After all, it is not the quantity that we’re aiming for but the quality of the good habits. For the following months, use the same method, and just add 3 more acts without leaving the first three. Insya Allah, all of us can devote ourselves to be a better Muslim in the world and here after.

[credit to Google]

Source : http://productivemuslim.com/


So, happy holiday and may we fill our holiday with something beneficial. 
Insya Allah.


Comments