Being Me Event 2014

Bismillah....

Alhamdullilah for Allah had granted me another day for me to live and the opportunity to write this post.
So, I would like to share my experiences as a first time volunteer for Mercy Mission Malaysia. At first, I didn't planned to be a part of the team as I'm in final exam week. After giving a few thoughts, maybe this is the only chance I can participate in this kind of event. So I agreed to be one of the volunteer.

I was assigned in the ushering team, lead by Sis Hadhinah which was my senior back in SEMASHUR. What a small world. She was a great leader and I love her personality. So, my duty area is at the escalator heading towards the VIP's lounge at the first floor. So, my job is to stand there and prevent non-VIPs to take the escalator as well as a guider.

Not much interesting event happened throughout my duty except I get to observed people and met my long-lost friends. I saw some famous peoples in the crowd such as Miss Nina, Natasha Hudson and her hubby, Ummi Nazeera, Fafau. I saw some instafamous such as Ummi Dena, Shea Rasol and also Ayesha Syahira.

Alhamdullilah, I was a given a chance to enter one of the lectures slot at the main hall. But, I felt asleep after the first 15 minutes. It was really tiring when you have to stand still for 12 hours. But all the fatigues and pains is none to be compared when you're doing it for the sake of Allah. You may not know, who's life change after the event ends, how many people decided to be a better person after listening to the lectures.

Oh yes, some of you might wonder, how do I apply to be a volunteer. First, is by research. Try to google any interesting events that you wished to join. Usually on their website, there's a special link for volunteer applications. Usually, the offer only open for a month after the date the event is publicized. There's some organizers who like to see your resume, some just want your details. It depends. So, after submission, you just have to wait. They will usually informed you through emails.

There's a few events that I really wanted to join but due to time restriction, transportation problem (common volunteer problems), I have to let it go. (nangis sedu-sedan)

So, very bland kan this latest post. Haha, I'll try harder next time.

btw, listed below the nearest event that you might interested to join

1- Konvensyen Bidadari (volunteer application closed on 1st July 2014)
2- Twins of Faith (the event is on december so I'm not sure when they open it)

gambar takde ke ain? ooh sebab ada problem sikit so x leh nak upload.....nnt I'll just update this post ok?

Comments