helpasisterproject

bismillah.....

this is a throwback post as I'm bored and have no desired to study yet.

So, helpasisterproject is an initiatives by a group of Muslim ladies whom in the same boat that is to help other Muslim sisters out there. It is a social group meeting where you meet up strangers and at the end of the event, you can be best friends. I first knew about this program from Sis Ayesha Shahira, the founder of AlHijab Sisters online boutique. So, without giving a second thought, I quickly registered myself and Alhamdullilah I was chosen :)

So, being all alone, I went to the KLCC park, got lost in the park and after 15 minutes strolling through the park, finally I found their secret hideouts. My first few minutes was a very awkward moment as I'm sitting in a group of strangers that I haven't meet and talked before. After a brief explanation by the project manager, Sis Azhana, we're divided into groups and that is when the best part begun.

I get to know my new friends/sis, get to know their stories, get to share the story of our hijrah and get to eat delicious food that were brought along by the participants and organizers during the event. The sharing sessions when out to 3-4 hours and it is end up by group photo session and selfie sessionssssssssssss.

I couldn't tell you what that we have discussed and telled during our sessions as I have to seek permissions from the owner of the story. But, I can telled you that this event had changed my perspectives to a new one.

Some lessons learnt. Everyone had that one dark past that their try to forget as they struggling to be a better person. Yet, people around them keeping reminding of their past and criticizing the good move that they had made. That is why it is very important to choose who would be your friend. The best friend is then one who constantly reminds you towards Allah, always correct your mistakes and the one who will be there through your hardship. But, to find those kind of friends, you should be one first.

Humans nature tend to seek goodness. "Siapa je tak nak jadi baik?" But there are some reasons that stop them from changing and it the main factors is due to feared of being accepted and also their surrounding environment. Doesn't mean she doesn't wear hijab, she is not kind and doesn't mean she wear covering clothes make her more pious than the one who doesn't.

There is a story of a girl who want to be a better Muslim. Starting by covering her aurah and doing more good deeds. She really wanted to change, to be a better person but her family opposed her from doing so, her friends left her all alone after she gradually change, she is greatly criticized by people around her. Because she has no supports, then one fine day, she decided to go back to her old life. But does she become happy again? I don't think so. And what we do when we knew about this kind of stories? Do we sit still and do nothing or we try to help her.

And that is why helpasisterproject was organized. To make you realized that, you have me, you have us, to continue supporting you, listen to your stories, cry and laugh together. Just because we're sisters for the sake of Islam and Allah.

briefing session by Sis Azhana

it's a wrap....nice meeting you guys

our project manager, Sis Azhana
with syafiyah

with Sis Ayesha :)

 p/s: I heard that they are planning to organize another helpasisterproject on June/July maybe....I'll keep you guys updated on that :)


Comments