IFF 2014

Bismillah.

I was super duper excited to be able to attend this event, even though I have to skip class. (not a good example..urgh) just because I get to see Tun M up close in a real life. I've seen the other Prime Ministers, Dato'Seri Abdullah and Dato'Seri Najib but for Tun Mahathir, this will be my first time seeing him in person.

He is invited as the guest of honors for the International Islamic Forum 2014 which he'll be discussing about the topic of Global Outlook-Islam Amidst. After waiting for 30 mins, finally he was up on stage. Ya Allah, I was anxious on the seat due to the excitement of hearing giving his thoughts on the topic. I wish I can jot down every words that spilled out from his mouth.

So here were some points from Tun M sharing.

  • New world order affect Islam.
  • Today, we the Muslims are only surviving.
  • When you read, you required knowledge and knowledge resolved the problems that you faced.
  • During the first century, there is not much to be read as there is not much Muslim writers. To acquire knowledge, they read from the writings of non-muslims.
  • During the fifteenth century, they only read religious sources thus lost the knowledge required by Islamic civilization.
  • There are also different interpretation in some of the knowledge cause muslim to be divided and ability to response around changes diminished.
  • Those who are weak is easily oppressed and their country will be invaded.
  • We lack the knowledge happening around us (physical,mental)
  • Islam has made rigid by some of the scholars. Those who interpret in the past prevent from the new interpretation. Due to this rigid interpretation, Islam is rejected.
  • During the Golden Age of Islam, they studied sciences and able to provide solutions. Muslims are able to defend themselves, by war courses.
  • Those who weak are unable to compete with new idea or accept new teachings.
  • Equalities is a stupid idea, not all can be done by both gender.
  • We blame Allah for our misfortune but it's actually due to our lack to understand Quran and Sunnah.
So during the Q&A, I gathered up my strength and stepped forward to ask Tun some questions. Been standing there for like 20 mins and guessed what, the moderator just ignored me. Like he saw me standing there, in front of the mic and I thought he will not be biased to this young-looking girl that look like she doesn't know anything and before even my turn to speak to ask question, he ended the Q&A session. I guessed black is not his favorite color, so he just avoid picking me. 

Don't you know how sad and heart-broken I am and I couldn't help myself from crying when I returned back to the seat. I hate when I'm crying. I look stupid and weak. Well, I'm lil bit ashamed for crying in public but I'm too disappointed. Those who walk passed me as they want to leave the hall, they stopped by and give supports to me. Some even tapped me in the shoulder, tried to comfort me. Despite that unforgettable incident, I'm glad enough to be able to see Tun Mahathir. 

So we just stayed until Helmi finished his friday prayer and then head back to UPM as I have to prepared myself for a forum that night. Well, it is such a lost as we're unable to stay until the forum that started at 3 pm which Saiful Nang will be one of the panelist but insya Allah, we get the chance again in the future.




Watching Tun from afar. Stay strong and healthy Tun.




Comments