How to cope with failure?

Bismillah.

Well, sometimes I did asked myself, Why I failed. Why I don't get what I want.

Well, frankly, my the result for my first test was quite a disappointment. Rather than blaming the lecturers for giving such a hard question to be answered, well stop pointing your fingers to others but grab a mirror and start to reflect yourself.

I admitted that, for this first test, I do not spend ample time in revising. Too busy wasting my times in unnecessary matters or just giving excuses that I have time to study; besides not focusing in the class.

After looking at the result, well it is times to jump off from the comfy clouds and fall hard to the reality land. What makes you think you are genius and special. Why you are selfish and ignorant thus be less responsible to the knowledge and your studies.

But, basically I hate to sit for tests or exams. But I have to swallow the fact that our country's educational system is too exam-oriented; even in the universities. I prefer to have a weekly quizzes or pop quizzes after each lecture. You cannot teach a tortoise to climb trees and to expect for it to be good as a monkey. I do understand that test is just some kind of evalution to test on your understanding, but in the real world, only 10% if the knowledge you learned will be used and you can cheat by looking back at the refernces book or google.

Another thing is I do feel pressured when people assume that I'm smart or I can excel in my study because I'm quite active in class. (This perception is not something to be proud off).
Besides, as one of the members of UPM's SRC, I can't really skipped class and have to score in my test and exams. They have a high expectation on us.

Hopefully this failure is a clear warning for me.
I just can't give up yet as this road is still long.
Need some time to recover.




Comments